Friday, June 24, 2005

The World's Most Unfortunate Star Trek Prop

I love my DVR (aka Tivo). For an extra $10 a month, my cable company gives me a unit that allows me to record a show whenever it's on. Great for stuff like TV Funhouse, Duckman and other shows that are rerun late at night. I'd never remember to put a tape in, set up the VCR and leave the cable box on the right channel. With DVR, I just leave the box on at night, and in the morning there are a few more shows added to my collection.

It's great for fast forwading, rewinding live TV and provides a fantastic picture when you pause the recording. A picture so good, I can use my digital camera to capture images from TV shows.

Case in point, from a "Star Trek" ep I recorded last week, featuring Captain Kirk holding the most unfortunately shaped Star Trek prop ever...









No comments: